Camel Market

Camel Market

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Update 5: Back to Work and January's Vacation!

   Well, it's day two of 'back to work week' and things are slowly getting readjusted in my head. Eleven days of being lazy in KSA and Bahrain really was nice and totally broke my work circadian rhythm.

   Yesterday's classes were hectic. Most of the students were rowdy and tired... complaining that they didn't want to do the work and the usual gripe and diatribe that they usually muster up as 'Friday' gets closer. During my last hour of teaching yesterday, Rob, third in command here at Shabaka, interrupted my class and asked if I would be interested in doing overtime twice per week teaching at the Shabaka private school that is here in town. Being it was the first day back to work, tired, and maybe a little irritated from a day's worth of whining students, I excitedly said yes! lol... So now, every Saturday and Monday between 4-6 PM I will be teaching a very basic conversation ESL course. And at 100 riyals per hour (about 27 dollars) it all helps towards paying off loans and/or (emphasize on 'or') have a better vacation in January!

 Ahhh vacation, a word long since forgotten in most corners of America. I'm luck to have roughly five weeks paid vacation per year, without having to do the twenty years of work to get it. So, after a long chat with a friend who I met in Korea last night, I decided to book it for Thailand and Cambodia, two distant kingdoms in Southeast Asia that I have been longing to go to for a long time. My friend, Kyle, will meet up with me during the last week of my vacation after he finishes a work camp in SoKo. I have no itinerary yet and probably won't make one, but I will certainly be visiting Angor Wat, Pnomh Penh, Bangkok, and it's guaranteed I will be among the crowds of foreigners on the beaches of Phuket and Ko Samui. Stoked about this whole thing, even if it's two months away.

 Until that time, life continues in the kingdom, where it has gotten considerably cool and windy.

 - Jesse

1 comment:

  1. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete