Camel Market

Camel Market

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Update 4 - Sand Boarding, Souq, and Vacation!

  Greetings,

 It's been a while since I last posted, so I suppose I'm due for an update. Over the past couple of weeks life in Saudi has been pretty much routine, save a couple of excursions which I will detail below. It is now vacation and I have chosen to stay inside the Kingdom to save money. On November 6th-8th, I will be going to the Kingdom of Bahrain for some long over due relaxation that includes a couple of beers, friends, and new sites in another country.

 Last week, my friend Ali took me and my friend, Trina, to the national park near Al-Ahsa to to sand boarding behind his SUV. This consisted of connecting a sled to the back of his SUV and yours truly sitting on it while going over hills of sand, bushes, and other things. It was a great time. My friend Ammar, Ali's friend, also let Trina drive his SUV for a bit, which is strictly forbidden in the Kingdom. During this time, I also got some good shots of the desert, and one shot of Trina that I particularly like. Sadly, I did not take photos of me or anyone riding the board as I couldn't be bothered to do it.

                                           Trina
                                           Sarah

                                           Ammar and Chris

 Afterwards, we all went back to Ali's family 'bachelor pad', as he calls it, to eat and smoke some 'shisha' or flavored tobacco. After a few hits off of the hookah bong and with a great feeling roaring through my head, we got up and went back to the compound. Overall, it was a great day and another entertaining evening thanks to Ali.






 Yesterday, I took a trip down to Al-Ahsa's newest 'souq' or market, to check it out during the time. Since Saudi is a night culture, most of the shops were closed and there wasn't really anything to see other than the architecture and people doing their own thing. This souq used to be one of KSA's best until it was burnt down in 2001 in a tragic fire. It has since been rebuilt and shops are slowly coming back. I hope to see it in full swing by the time I leave Al-Ahsa in X date. Tonight, I am returning to the site to see what shops there are, and to meet my friend Matt who is living at the Hofuf Hotel while new apartments are being built on the complex.

                                                     Downtown mosque
                                                     Market









 Now, I'm on vacation and am having a couple of relaxing days at the compound. I've been catching up on sleep, swimming, and grilling out. I'm also planning my trip for January, which ought to be nice. Now it's time to go start my lamb curry.

 Adios,

 - Jesse

2 comments:

  1. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete