Camel Market

Camel Market

Monday, November 21, 2011

Update 6: General stuff :-)

  Good morning from lovely Al-Ahsa, Saudi Arabia!

 The sun is now shining after a brief episode of rain. I saw and felt rain drops this morning. It was a good feeling. This week has been a pretty good one, I'm busy working overtime at the Shabaka Training school twice per week, my classes have been unusually smooth, and this weekend should be a nice, relaxing time. On a different note, I'm taking a self-imposed break from the coffee bandwagon and am boarding the lovely boat of Green Tea for a couple of weeks, just to change things up. So far I'm liking it.

 In two weeks I will be going to the Kingdom of Bahrain, again. I'm going to try and find a host through Couchsurfing so I don't pay for a hotel and can actually meet some cool people again. My former hosts have sadly left for better things in India and back home in the states. However, I am looking forward to a weekend of sight seeing, good Thai food, and a couple of over priced Heinekens.

 The week after that, I may be going to Khobar and Dammam for the day to do some sight seeing in those cities. There's a compound trip there and I'm always up for getting away from the paradise that is Al-Ahsa, lol. It should be good times and seeing the Arabian Gulf again is good change of scenery. Khobar also has a nice Jarir bookstore which is the premier English book dealer in Saudi. I can easily spend an hour in there just browsing around their Lonely Planet travel guides.

 Only 48 days until I leave for Thailand and Cambodia. I'm getting excited, but it still feels a ways away. This weekend I am going to look for the LP travel guides for those two countries and do up my research for my vacation. I can't wait to go and I hope to avoid some of the more tourist locations for the first half of my trip. Angor Wat, of course, will be quite touristy as it's THE thing to see in Cambodia. I'm hoping to make it to Northern Thailand. We'll see what I can muster up. Whatever I decide, my itinerary, if you can call it that, will be quite loose and I will have no time table. I like travelling on the go and staying for whatever time I want. It's  the beauty of travel.

 Alright, it's almost time for class and I have to go.

 Life continues in the Kingdom.

 - Jesse

1 comment:

  1. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete