Camel Market

Camel Market

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Saudi Update 1

   Hello everyone,

 I hope this post finds you all well! It is Thursday and that means it's my weekend. Here in the Arabic world, the weekend falls on Thursday and Friday.

 All is going well here in the Kingdom. The job is still a tad hectic, but much better than last week. Hopefully this next week my class will recieve their books and I'll be able to start properly teaching them. Pay day is next week, as well! I'll be getting two-thirds of a pay check since our contract started on the tenth. We get paid from the first through the end of the month.

 My first vacation in November is fastly approaching, and I am conjuring up some plans which I will reveal soon. I'm trying to strike a fine balance between travel and not spending a lot of money. I'm semi confident that I can achieve this reality.

 I have no plans this weekend due to an off and on occurence of Montezuma's revenge over this past week. Yesterday night it hit me pretty hard and is continuing today. I went to the pharmacy for some pills and I think they're working... time will tell. Let's just say there will be no more school lunches for me. I think that's the cause, but who knows.

 Life continues in the Kingdom.

 - Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment